Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Meltdown

My Brother brought his computer over a couple days ago, he had suffered a complete systems failure. I cleaned the acculated dust and dirt out of his fans, tried all the normal restore options on his hard drive and finally resorted to fdisk/format. I decided that now that any viri had been eliminated it would be safe to put his HD on my system as a slave and do a disk copy.

Did I back up my important files first? Hell no. Did I make a simple mistake and copy his formatted drive to my main drive? Of course.

So I have spent the last few days reloading my hard drive with all the programs I have, downloading all the ones I didn't have on disk and trying to forget about all the things I had on the old system that I will never see again.

The lesson? Backup. Back the hell up!

No comments: